2014 Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation
The Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation (ILLCF) was established in 2002 as a strong voice and resource for the Illinois Latino population and for those that work and live within Latino communities statewide. Through its annual statewide conference and the ILLCF Public Policy Institute, the Foundation seeks to empower Latinos to confront critical issues affecting their communities and to increase access to federal, state and community programs in such areas as employment, education, community and social services, health care, and housing.
Each year, the members of the ILLCF select deserving young people of good character and high academic achievement to receive Foundation scholarships to help them achieve their educational objectives. This year, approximately twenty-five scholarships of $2,000 each will be granted to undergraduate college students whose home residence is in Illinois. An application form is attached and it can also be downloaded from the ILLCF web-site (www.illcf.org). The deadline for application is Friday, October 24, 2014 and scholarships will be awarded on November 21, 2014, during the ILLCF scholarship luncheon at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois. Scholarship check will be delivered/paid directly to the student’s college or university to apply toward the student’s tuition and fees. Scholarship checks will not be paid directly to the individual student.
Scholarship guidelines are the following:
· An applicant must be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student during the fall term of 2014 at an accredited community college or four-year college or university;
· An applicant must be of Latino ancestry;
· The application form must be filled out completely and typed, including a personal statement describing how the scholarship award will help the recipient achieve his or her educational and career goals;
· A letter of recommendation written by the student’s primary academic advisor or major professor must accompany the application. The letter of recommendation must be on the official college letterhead and include a contact phone number;
· Scholarship money must be used in the same academic year as it is granted; and
· Previous winners of an ILLCF scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
The entire application (including the letter of recommendation) must be must be received by Friday, October 24, 2014. Mail completed applications to:
Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation Scholarships
c/o Jesse H. Ruiz
191 North Wacker Drive, Suite 3700
Chicago, Illinois 60606-1698
IMPORTANT: DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL THE APPLICATION
For further information about the ILLCF Scholarship Program, contact the office of Jesse H. Ruiz at email@example.com. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for response.